Happy #manimonday everyone! Let’s get into this week’s ladybug design!
Stamping plate: Lina Nail Art Supplies “All Mixed Up 01” and Born Pretty “BP-L043”
Ferns: Relvon “Ace of Spades” and Essie “Naughty Nautical”
Ladybugs: Essie “Licorice” and “Really Red”
Base: Essie base coat, “Blanc” and “Mint Candy Apple”
Top: Relvon “Colorstay Gel-shine Nail Enamel Top Coat 010”
This week’s design is a throwback as I don’t have a new design on my nails this week. The support worker bandwagon was in complete disrepair last week still, but it’s returned from the workshop this week, so hopefully, we’ll be back on track now.
This design was from January this year (hence the summery vibe) and I still think it’s the most complicated design I’ve done. This was mostly due to the number of stamping layers and the reserve stamping with the ladybugs. From memory it took at least 2 hours I think (could have been 2 and a half).
Before I got stamping polishes too, I used to stamp with Essie nail polishes, in particular, “Licorice” which is their black. We used to have a good success pick up rate with some stamping plates but not with others. For example, the paw prints, on the plate these ladybugs are from, wouldn’t pick up no matter what we tried but with the stamping polish they pick up fine now.
The Revlon Colorstay polishes were good too and I think this may have been because that formula has a base coat in it too, making it that little bit thicker and opaquer. This thicker consistency is also why I think the older Essie polishes worked better too. So, if you’re not looking to invest in some stamping polishes yet, I would suggest these two brands, but I would highly recommend stamping polishes as they do make it easier to pick up images.
Bye for now!